Weak AC Blower

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
EMaz

Weak AC Blower

Post by EMaz »

I've got an 89 B2 with dealer installed AC that I converted from R12 to R134. I also replaced the blower fan; however, even though it blows 35-39 degrees F, I don't get a lot of air volume from the vents, so my truck never cools down inside (granted, I live in HOT Phoenix). Is this common? I wonder if my expectations are off comparing it to the volume/quality of air from our 2007 Pilot. Could the blower assembly/vent feeder tubes behind the dash be plugged with debris and if so, how would I get at it to clean it out? Diagrams or videos that might be helpful? Thank you!

- Edward in Phx
89/90 Ford Bronco II
Paul82

Re: Weak AC Blower

Post by Paul82 »

EMaz wrote:I've got an 89 B2 with dealer installed AC that I converted from R12 to R134. I also replaced the blower fan; however, even though it blows 35-39 degrees F, I don't get a lot of air volume from the vents, so my truck never cools down inside (granted, I live in HOT Phoenix). Is this common? I wonder if my expectations are off comparing it to the volume/quality of air from our 2007 Pilot. Could the blower assembly/vent feeder tubes behind the dash be plugged with debris and if so, how would I get at it to clean it out? Diagrams or videos that might be helpful? Thank you!

- Edward in Phx
89/90 Ford Bronco II
I have the same issue. I park under a tree and in the Fall last year the small leaves came down bigtime. I moved the switch to max a/c and back to the left one day and all these leaves dumped in my floor. The door is now blocked full of leaves and I can't move the lever back to max a/c. Wondering what is the best way to go about cleaning it out. I did my heater core with a youtube video but can't find a blower motor video for the Bronco II/Ranger of this era. Mine is an '88 Eddie Bauer.
88broncoboy+1

Re: Weak AC Blower

Post by 88broncoboy+1 »

Just a quick thought, sometimes the cable in between console and air flow valve slips, the flapper might not be able to open completely, also, does it do it in both inside recirculation and outside air resirc?. This might steer you in the right direction