Weak AC Blower

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
EMaz

Weak AC Blower

Postby EMaz » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:35 pm

I've got an 89 B2 with dealer installed AC that I converted from R12 to R134. I also replaced the blower fan; however, even though it blows 35-39 degrees F, I don't get a lot of air volume from the vents, so my truck never cools down inside (granted, I live in HOT Phoenix). Is this common? I wonder if my expectations are off comparing it to the volume/quality of air from our 2007 Pilot. Could the blower assembly/vent feeder tubes behind the dash be plugged with debris and if so, how would I get at it to clean it out? Diagrams or videos that might be helpful? Thank you!

- Edward in Phx
89/90 Ford Bronco II

Paul82

Re: Weak AC Blower

Postby Paul82 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:13 pm

EMaz wrote:I've got an 89 B2 with dealer installed AC that I converted from R12 to R134. I also replaced the blower fan; however, even though it blows 35-39 degrees F, I don't get a lot of air volume from the vents, so my truck never cools down inside (granted, I live in HOT Phoenix). Is this common? I wonder if my expectations are off comparing it to the volume/quality of air from our 2007 Pilot. Could the blower assembly/vent feeder tubes behind the dash be plugged with debris and if so, how would I get at it to clean it out? Diagrams or videos that might be helpful? Thank you!

- Edward in Phx
89/90 Ford Bronco II

I have the same issue. I park under a tree and in the Fall last year the small leaves came down bigtime. I moved the switch to max a/c and back to the left one day and all these leaves dumped in my floor. The door is now blocked full of leaves and I can't move the lever back to max a/c. Wondering what is the best way to go about cleaning it out. I did my heater core with a youtube video but can't find a blower motor video for the Bronco II/Ranger of this era. Mine is an '88 Eddie Bauer.

Return to “Bronco Tech”