movin to mt vernon

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
madmaxb2

movin to mt vernon

Post by madmaxb2 »

im plannin on movin to mt vernon and i need a full time job and a place to live! :puke: if anyone has any ideas of places where I could get a job or cheap places to live let me know. I work in a lumber yard now i make 13.50 and hr cutting I's. im 19. thanks

chris
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Are you talking Mt Vernon, WA? Where do you live now? Do you know anything about this area?
madmaxb2

Post by madmaxb2 »

hahah yeah thats why i posted here. I live in lake stevens.

you live in mt vernon right matt?

i applied to go to skagit community college. :puke:
madmaxb2

Post by madmaxb2 »

Nobody wrote:Are you talking Mt Vernon, WA? Where do you live now? Do you know anything about this area?
and dude. WHERE did you find that much snow (your avatar)? can i go with you1??!

is it up by darrington like coal creek road or something??
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

madmaxb2 wrote:hahah yeah thats why i posted here. I live in lake stevens.

you live in mt vernon right matt?

i applied to go to skagit community college. :puke:
Yep.... Mount Vernon. I grew up in Lake Stevens.

School is good, make it happen.

Jobs..... well, I picked up some useful skills working for Les Schwabs. It can be a fun job if you're with the right crew. Starting pay probably isn't any good though. Otherwise, www.go2worksource.com and www.skagitvalleyherald.com/classifieds/ . The school usually has a few things posted as well. An internship with the county could lead to a cush job.

Housing..... Stay off La Venture, it's the ghetto. You'll probably get ripped off on a daily basis. We have a lot of illegals up here and they take up a lot of the cheap housing. You should be able to find something that meets your needs though. Check the classifieds above. www.LittleNickel.com has ads too.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

madmaxb2 wrote:
Nobody wrote:Are you talking Mt Vernon, WA? Where do you live now? Do you know anything about this area?
and dude. WHERE did you find that much snow (your avatar)? can i go with you1??!

On a normal winter, pretty much any road that goes above 4000'.

Sure you can go. There's just a little initiation for noobs though. No big deal, no one has died.....yet. You can also opt out by picking up the breakfast tab ;)
EBSTEVE

Post by EBSTEVE »

for New Years, I think that we will have another EB with us this year as well, I will be helping start a build this weekend...
madmaxb2

Post by madmaxb2 »

no one has died .. yet?? :hmmm:

whatev. im game. :tongue2: hows this weekend sound???

how much could i get an hour at schwab would you say??

is there a target or any lumber yards around??
thanks for the links and stuff.. im checking them out now

:cool:
madmaxb2

Post by madmaxb2 »

Nobody wrote:
madmaxb2 wrote:

On a normal winter, pretty much any road that goes above 4000'.

Sure you can go. There's just a little initiation for noobs though. No big deal, no one has died.....yet. You can also opt out by picking up the breakfast tab ;)

how far to hit the snow??
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I have no idea what Schwabs pays these days. I worked for them 13 years ago.

We have all the big retail stores up here, Target, Walmart, Home Depot, etc.

I think there is still a lumber mill or two up here. There is also the refinery, but that work won't leave any time for school.

As for how far to hit snow, depends on the snow level. There's a pretty good spot up north..... 45 minutes.
madmaxb2

Post by madmaxb2 »

whers target?? ill try there to be a security guy.. :cool:
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

madmaxb2 wrote:im plannin on movin to mt vernon and i need a full time job and a place to live! if anyone has any ideas of places where I could get a job or cheap places to live let me know. I work in a lumber yard now i make 13.50 and hr cutting I's. im 19. thanks
so lucky!! :cool: i think theres a mill in Everett isn't there??? i also think theres one somewhere out past Sedro Wooley, before Concrete if i remember correct.
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
madmaxb2

Post by madmaxb2 »

FatMan wrote:
madmaxb2 wrote:im plannin on movin to mt vernon and i need a full time job and a place to live! if anyone has any ideas of places where I could get a job or cheap places to live let me know. I work in a lumber yard now i make 13.50 and hr cutting I's. im 19. thanks
so lucky!! :cool: i think theres a mill in Everett isn't there??? i also think theres one somewhere out past Sedro Wooley, before Concrete if i remember correct.

yeah there is. i kinda want a job right near mt vernon though! i drive 40 mintues to work everyday and it sucks :puke:
madmaxb2

Post by madmaxb2 »

anyone got an extra room they want to rent out? :redneck:

i got papers to register for skagit CC