knock sensor - 87 BII 2.9L

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
jefe

knock sensor - 87 BII 2.9L

Post by jefe »

Here is the state of my knock sensor and wiring. They were completely oil soaked and the clips and plastic has been breaking off. Exposed wiring, etc. And you'll notice the 2 wires going into the clip but the random 3rd wire that is clipped that goes to nothing.

I can't find a replacement wiring harness...I don't even think Ford has them anymore. Checked some parts places and junkyards with no luck.

Was hoping someone could offer me some advice here or have an extra laying around.....thanks.
drofman

Re: knock sensor - 87 BII 2.9L

Post by drofman »

Rangers and Aerostars had this engine also, junkyard may be your best bet. down here in the Otay jy's I'll bet you'll fine it
jefe

Post by jefe »

To pass along info...I found the wiring harness at the Ecology yard in Chula Vista yesterday and discovered that the random 3rd wire that was clipped on mine is meant for the low oil sensor on the oil pan. I didn't know that until now.

And thanks to Drofman for hooking me up with the knock sensor.
drofman

Post by drofman »

Cool, glad you found what you needed and now fix that ride so we can go wheel'n
jefe

Post by jefe »

Drofman, you'll never believe the bad luck....Several weeks ago, I went to put that knock sensor in you gave me and it snapped off in the engine block. Can you believe that!

Good news is I was able to get it out the other day.....took the wiring harness I found and just taped it up real good to my old knock sensor......then re-wired the low oil sensor too....so finally got that out of the way.

I can see the finish line.....got a few little things to do and then a bunch of fluids to change out......might even be starting her up this coming weekend.....
drofman

Post by drofman »

Ya!!! sounds like you on your way.
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

jefe wrote:Drofman,

I can see the finish line.....got a few little things to do and then a bunch of fluids to change out......might even be starting her up this coming weekend.....

Well come on Man lets get it on and hear it roar..
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
jefe

Post by jefe »

:D