Lower intake manifold damage

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
jefe

Lower intake manifold damage

Post by jefe »

Wondering if the damage around these port holes in my lower intake manifold would warrant replacing it...

What do you guys think?
Attachments
lower intake manifold damage
lower intake manifold damage
DBrown

Re: Lower intake manifold damage

Post by DBrown »

I would hold up the gasket and see how much contact area you have. it's kind of a judgement call, but I would run it if you can get a good seal. are you going to have it cleaned? if so the machine shop you take it to can give you another opinion. I would deffinatly have it tanked since you have it off and it is that nasty.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
jefe

Post by jefe »

Hey DBrown....I hadn't thought of having it cleaned by a shop......I've been cleaning it myself scrubbing until my fingers bleed....but I've just mainly cleaned where the gasket will make contact.....didn't think the rest would matter.....but now I'm reconsidering.
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

can you take a picture of the gasket held up to the intake and a picture of the head with the gasket held up to it? when you gasket match an intake and head you typicly take a lot of material. so there is a chance you could use it.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
jefe

Post by jefe »

Yea, I'll try to do that. I'm taking the parts to a guy today though to have cleaned....so not sure when I'll find the time though.