engine swap

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

3:55's. No wonder They came up with the slogan Morepower. :finger: That is maybe the gears to help win a nascar race but it is hard to get out of the hole with those. I am running 3:73 with 36 inch tires, a compound low trans with a 205. I think that I can crawl on my own knees faster than my truck can go at idle. I don't think that I will need to change the low range. But to each his own. :redneck:
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

3.55's work well when you have motors like the 340 6 pack, and the 440, or should I dare.......Hemi :cool:

I consider myself a ford guy, but old school mopar has always had my undivided attention. just a cool fact.......the dodge brothers worked for Ford.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
black96ranger

Post by black96ranger »

3.55's are not a bad driving gear, but in my experience, they suck in the mustang,, it needs at least 3.73's. If i still had my 4x4 i would like to have put 4.10's in it, cause i choked it out a couple times in 4 high. Sigh, i miss that truck. :frown:
If it scares you, stomp it harder!!!
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

DBrown wrote:3.55's work well when you have motors like the 340 6 pack, and the 440, or should I dare.......Hemi :cool:
You own a 74' duster don't you :finger: .

I am pretty sure if you look that any of the quickest cars of that era had at least 4:10's to get them at max rpm at the end of the quarter mile.

P.S. 1970 SS 454 4-speed ,4:10 chevelle is the all time moepower eater. :redneck:
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

it was a 73 dart sport. but I don't have it anymore I traded it for this:
Attachments
falcon 016.jpg

DBrown

Post by DBrown »

64 falcon futura. right now it has a 302 but I got a 351C from black96ranger to rebuild and run. the suspension is done with a built 8" with strange axles and a full cage front to back. it was originaly a manual 289 car but the guy I got it from had an aod in it so that will come out so I can get a tremic in there.

I am kinda waiting to get the Bronco II on the road so I can start on it. I plan to give it to Luke in about 18 years when he decides he wants to race at the strip. now I need to find a car for me. I am thinking I will probably go back to dodge when I get enough money scrapped together. maybe a charger or if I get another A body I would like to find a 67 dart GT.

ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

You made a good trade for your doggde. :redneck: