What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
black96ranger

Post by black96ranger »

Hey guys, i'm new here. i have a 96 ranger 2wd 4.0 5 speed, and a 89 mustang lx 460 c6 auto. I really don't know what else to say, ya'll have a great site, it blows the ranger station out of the water. Cya :D
If it scares you, stomp it harder!!!
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

460 Mustang :eek:
black96ranger

460 mustang

Post by black96ranger »

It was a fairly easy swap. I found the body for 75 bucks, i had to put doors and a bumper cover on it. I had the 460 out of a 79 van, btw, the van is a weird all wheel drive 4x4 set up with twin differentials on the front. That's right twin differentials in the front, and a huge locker unit in the back. Dbrown has looked it over so he can probally tell you more about it than i can lol, i just wanted the motor. Only thing i've ever seen with 3 driveshafts. i gave 200 for it back when i was in middle school. I traded and got the weld's on the stang for nothing,,, had to buy the hooker headers, 400 bucks, a tranny rebuild kit, a new 750 holley vacuum secondary, and a new radiator and tranny cooler. the rad. is way too small, but one hail mary pass it went a 13.7 with no hood and no exhuast lol, was funny as hell when i was lined up against dodge neon's and honda's, thought the exhaust was gonna blow them off the track. :laugh: Sorry i took up so much room, c ya'll. :
Attachments
not a great pic, my digital camera sucked
not a great pic, my digital camera sucked
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

when I come up next time I will bring the camera so you can get some better pic's up. I am going to try to get that way soon to get you that tranny and I think I got some more stuff to bring you but I'll have to look. do you have the rest of the A/C brackets for a 351M? I think I need the tensioner and adjusting bracket........I got the compressor hooked up and the rad fixed. thanks for the idea on how to fix it.

I think I figured out what the outer clip you were asking about does......it powers the doors if you have power windows and locks. you have manual so ford just pluged it. :cool:
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
black96ranger

Post by black96ranger »

i'm sure i've got what you need laying around somewhere, lol,, we'll just have to find it. How's luke and amy doing? Everything is going good here, kinda boring, but i'm dealing with it lol cya :D
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

:eek: :eek: I wanna drive it! I wanna drive it!. That would be just plain fun.

My buddie just sold his 600HP 69 camaro. No more late night joy rides :frown:
Attachments
S4200030.jpg
S4200023.jpg
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Holy crap I want that Camero. Ive always wanted a 69 camero since the movie better off dead. Oh well I can still dream. :D
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

there good, I worked on the bronco today......check out the "readers rides" section. have you decided on if you are comming to turkey bay this year or not?

I still think we need to solid axle the 96 :cool:
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

That camero was fun. Things get a little strange at 160 MPH, and yes it would do that and then some. He got it up to 169 once before the front end wanted to lift off the ground. (BTW He's nuts). An that speed was derived by figuring the RPMs and gear ratio. Not too much frightens him, however he would get out of that car shaking like a leaf. Can you say " adrenalin junkie "? Funny thing is that when he sold the car, it went back to California, 20 miles from where he got it from. He had the motor built here in Indy at Steve Schmit Racing. A 427 guarenteed to turn 10000 RPM. Man that thing was a monster.
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
black96ranger

Post by black96ranger »

first time i got the 4bbl working on the 460, it hit 7500, before i could lift my hand back up on to the shifter. I was insanely impressed with the strength of the bottom end of a stock ford big block! I'm still toying with the idea of a 97 model ranger with a 514 big block. Doubtful i'm gonna be able to make it this year dan, got too much to do around here, gotta get pop's car done before fathers day. Cya