Power problems

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
lostexan

Power problems

Post by lostexan »

In my B2 that has the 2.9 v6 with al4d(?) transmission I can have it in park and rev the engine up perfectly fine, but when I put it in gear I can have the pedal floored and it takes all its got to get to say 15-25 mph at about 2-2,500 grand, then it shifts hard into second gear. It continues this process until it gets to about 50-60 mph and that's the fastest it will go. I have recently had the transmission out to replace the front seal. The oil that came out of it was "new" looking, but I changed the filter and put new fluid in. I also put a can of "sea foam" in the fuel tank because I thought it might be a fuel issue. I did not have this problem before I removed the transmission. I was very particular on the whole process of removal and installation of the transmission, but I'm thinking it might be something with the transmission.
T.I.A
Chris
Ruffinit

Re: Power problems

Post by Ruffinit »

One of the guys on THERANGERSTATION had a BII that had similar problems. He said that it turned out to be the modulator..
lostexan

Post by lostexan »

K, Thanks
lostexan

Post by lostexan »

Well I had to put this off for a while, But I got everything back installed and whatever else. Changed the transmission filter which was "heavy" compared to the new one Changed the transmission fluid and filter. I put a bottle of lucas treatment in with new fluid. It goes into reverse perfectly fine but when you go into drive, it grabs then starts slipping etc. I was suggested too that it might be the torque converter? Thanks,
Chris
lostexan

Post by lostexan »

Ruffinit wrote:One of the guys on THERANGERSTATION had a BII that had similar problems. He said that it turned out to be the modulator..
I tried a search on TRS, could that be the vacuum diaphragm also? Or are those 2 different things