this is how I trimmed 2" off of my rear fender

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
onewyr

this is how I trimmed 2" off of my rear fender

Post by onewyr »

this is gonna be my attempt at a write up for the rear fender trim. When you trim the rear you have the problem of the wheel well is sandwiched with the out side of the truck so when you trim the fender it leaves a hole going into the cab. Here is how I did the trim and kept it semi closed up the pics are not gonna be all that great because some of them didn't come out right.
I started by laying out a line as a guide for my vertical cuts in the end this is where the new lip will be.
then I cut the existing lip off
This is where the pics didn't make it
I then took my grinder with cut off wheels and made several cuts going from the edge of the fender up to the line that I drew creating many tabs this makes it easier to fold the metal.then you have to take the grinder and cut just the wheel well part that is glued to the fender once you cut that band out you can start to fold over the tabs as you get to the rear end of the fender you will need to take a hammer and knock some of the floor up because it is in the way. Once I got all the tabs bent over I used a bunch of 1/2" long zip screws and screwed the tabs up to the wheel well. By doing the tabs like this you will end up with some holes that I just ended up laying a bead of expanding foam around the new "SEAM" and after it dries just trim any that leaks out of the bottom.
Like I said the majority of the pictures didn't come out right but you should be able to take what I do have and get a good trim out of it.
here are some comparison pics
before
and after
if you have any questions feel free to ask.
LilnaYt207

Re: this is how I trimmed 2" off of my rear fender

Post by LilnaYt207 »

what size tires did you put on? i'm putting 33"x 12.5" x 15"'s on mine, with no lift and didn't know if cutting two inches off is enough, if i can cut less, or shoudl i cut more, and what i could use to round the edges of the fender, i don't really want to put fender flares on, i like the look better without them. any info would help thanks.
onewyr

Post by onewyr »

I doubt you will fit 33's with no lift on it even if you cut the 2 inches I have a 4" lift and 34" ltbs on mine and still rub. if you try to cut anymore out of the rear you will have to tub the rear fender wells. if you got anymore q's just ask.
http://www.wefabricateit.com check this site out and help us build it up
LilnaYt207

Post by LilnaYt207 »

Well ef, that kinda sucks, i guess i'll leave it be for the time being, until i can lift it, i got a smokin deal on some 33s so just bought them, a buddy of mine who had a bronco claimed to put 32s on with little trimming and had no rubbing, so i figured it could be done, i guess i'll mess with it some and see what i can come up with. Thanks for the info, if i think of anymore i'll let you know.