Cheap exhaust system?

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
neb_scot

Cheap exhaust system?

Post by neb_scot »

I expect my exhaust to die on the way to work tomorrow. On the way back today, I could hear the familiar tonal changes of the engine. It already bellows out like mad as it is, its just got deeper.

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a good source of cheap replacement. The previous owner stuck a shorter tail pipe on it that comes out at the side of the car rather than the back (?!), yet the most rear section of the original one still seems to be attached - no idea of the condition.

Any suggestions are welcome. Unfortunately I do not have access to a Mig Welder any more..... gosh those can be handy.
1984 Ford Bronco II
2.8 v6 Engine
Manual Shift 5 speed
4 inch suspension lift
kolton

Re: Cheap exhaust system?

Post by kolton »

autozone has a flomaster exhaust kit for 80 bucks and its pretty good. it comes with everything you will need.
Shake and Bake
neb_scot

Post by neb_scot »

Thanks very much....
1984 Ford Bronco II
2.8 v6 Engine
Manual Shift 5 speed
4 inch suspension lift
Ruffinit

Post by Ruffinit »

Kolton,
Just did a search on the AutoZone site, but this is what I got:
"Search Results for "flowmaster" We're sorry, but there are no results in this parts category for your 1984 Ford Truck Bronco II 4WD 2.8L 2BL"

Tried it for the 88 also, but came up the same. Do they have more variety in the store?
neb_scot

Post by neb_scot »

I only used their drill down and got to the individual parts. I couldn't find the "flowmaster" but the individual parts seemed to be adding up to the same price....
1984 Ford Bronco II
2.8 v6 Engine
Manual Shift 5 speed
4 inch suspension lift
kolton

Post by kolton »

i went up and took some pics of the two kits/sets that they have. these are complete kits that come with everything.

flowmaster super 44 = $84.99

flowmaster 50 series = $99.99

im in the dallas, texas area so we might have different sales.

kolton :usa:
Shake and Bake
neb_scot

Post by neb_scot »

Im pretty sure that the shop here has different stock. Im in Nebraska...
1984 Ford Bronco II
2.8 v6 Engine
Manual Shift 5 speed
4 inch suspension lift
kolton

Post by kolton »

oh lol yeah, that might be why.

i had pretty much the same problem as you. but mine went out the day i bought it. so this $80 deal came in pretty handy. i hope you can find something that will work and not cost a fortune, goodluck.

kolton :usa:
Shake and Bake
Ruffinit

Post by Ruffinit »

Kolton,
Thanks for the pics. I don't know if we have something different or not in store. I'll definately be checking as when I put the Explorer's 4.0 in this summer, I'll be in the need.... Don't know why you can't order from the on-line catalogue. Being here in Iowa, the season for highway muffler fallout is just about upon us.