anyone wanna go wheeling this weekend??

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
NMB2

anyone wanna go wheeling this weekend??

Post by NMB2 »

going to lake cle elum this weekend. it'll be me, chris, 2 guys from explorerforum and maybe some people from b2.org. we plan on heading up friday afternoon and meeting at the trailhead. we're gonna camp at the top and run the harder trails..none of the 301 302 shit.

ill be taking this out for the first time since its been done :finger:

i wish my lawn was emo...so it'd cut itself.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Maybe if I win the lotto I can afford the gas to get down there.....daycare and fuel prices are killing me!
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

we broke $3 a gallon yesterday for 87. what a rip off.........

they showed a pic from either GA or Mississippi at over $5 for 87. this gouging is really starting to get me fired up. I have never really been the one to bitch about gas prices because we have always had the cheapest prices in the world, but this is really getting stupid. I don't understand how the government allows prices go up purly on speculation and then ride there, and use the excuse that they arn't making any money. we can watch the price rise 20-30 cents on the week ends just because they know we are going to buy for the weekend, to me that is just plain taking advantage of everyone.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

We actually pay the same for crude as everyone else in the world. We pay less at the pump because we aren't taxed as heavily by our government.

The actual gas stations don't have much of a profit margin. They assume their next gas purchase will be more expensive, so they jack their prices. And of course some are outright price gouging, which is BS, but no one makes us buy it from them.

Theres no doubt that the oil companies are making bank right now...but hey it's a free country. I value my my freedom more than price of gas.

So what can make fuel prices go down? Well, open up the reserves. Start pumping more of our own oil. Relax restrictions on the refining so they can refine more fuel. They have already done this and it should help in the short term. The government shouldn't allow big profits under these emergency conditions....but they will, and that's bs.

These high fuel costs are going to have a major impact on our economy......not good. Hopefully it will spark development of alternative fuels.

Now lets just hope some crazy arabs don't hit us while we're down.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Some good reading here

http://www.wtrg.com/prices.htm
broncoo

Post by broncoo »

gas is 3.80us a gallon up here
or $1.189 per litre 1 month ago it was $.90 a litre (3.784 litres in a us gallon)

and in the past year shell, petrocan and several other gas/oil companies are reporting 60% increases in net profits from 2004 kinda funny eh :mad:

glad i'm moving closer to work so i can ride my bike now and save some$$$
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

well, we dropped down to $2.87/gal.

I think it will drop another $0.10 by the end of the week. we were at $2.45 before all this happened. we are getting some of the displaced people here now.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

We are still hovering around $3.00 :mad: :rolleyes:

I think after this holiday weekend we should start seeing a drop.