i got rear ended!

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
Rockcrawler

i got rear ended!

Post by Rockcrawler »

Im ok first off! I had just gotten done fixing a wire on my dodge that had been makeing my truck pop in and out of over drive so me and my dad took off from his house up 156. i hadnt been on 156 for more then a mile befor a dog ran out infront of me and i was going 60! (which is the speed limit) So i cram on my brakes and see the dog go to the left of the truck so i kinda sverve to the right and i hear a little thud! i was pissed i thought i had hit the dog because i didnt feel anything. But then a i noticed that a mini van had hit me. so i pull over to the side and i she that the dog was ok so i call her over to me and put her up in my truck she had just had a litter to! I walk around and see that my bumper had been pushed up into the body and my tail light was all busted up but thats it. there mini van had the whole front finder crushed in and a big crush mark all the way down the side! i went over to the people and was being really nice and said that the dog had a litter and then the lady went off and started to say that human life was more inportant then animal life! So i said if your going to be that way you shouldnt have been following me that close and that it was there falt! what a cunt! I had already called it in to the cops so i could get a report. the first CHP showed up and we were talking then the second two showed up and one of them was the one that gave me my ticket a couple weeks ago! I was really glade that i had been nice to the guy! When all was said and done i feel good about what i did because i saved one dog and maybe a biker sense theres thousnds around right now because of the rally!
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

Don't argue with a woman in a mini-van. They are aready better than anyone on the road and they wil be the first to tell you that.
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

damn..... her fault all the way, following too close.

I got rearended about 10 years ago in my bronco......fawked up the ladies car big time! Nothing happened to my bronco, that I could find anyway. At the time, I had 2 tow hooks hanging from the from my frame, which ripped 2 gashes up her hood just short of the windshield :eek: My tires took out the lights and fenders :laugh:

I knew it was going to happen, so I let off the brake at the last second, which I think helped.
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

yeah im going to get my check hopefully on friday so i can fix it my self and have alot of money to play with. I will build a new bumper and pull the dent and put a new tail light in it. I figure i will get about 2000 bucks because it needs a new skin on the driver side and a new bumper and tail light and paint. so it should be a nice size check!
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Sweet!
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

I had a kid in a late 80's trans am drive under my bII. Thehood hit the skid plate and buckled up pretty good. I got out look at the damage to him and none to me. I told asked him if he wanted to call it even since it was his fault and that car wasn't able to damage the all mighty BII. He agreed since his insurance company probably wouldn't like another claim. I didn't really feel any impact thanks to the high bumper and the skid plate. :D
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
marinebroncoii

Post by marinebroncoii »

I rear ended a lady in my tracker. I saw the back of her car completely smashed and got out expecting the front of mine to be as bad or worse but only saw a tiny dent in the edge of the hood :hmmm:
She got out of the car and looked at the damage said her husband was gonna flip out about the new Nissan but that she was fine. Once she got on the phone with her hubby she went and sat back in the car to talk and suddenly said she couldn't move and needed an ambulance to take her with a back and neck brace :wtf: Then surprise, surprise after she settles with my insurance company she files a lawsuit trying to sue me. Too bad for her I am in Japan and "cannot be contacted". The letters she sends are returned saying that I don't live there anymore and hopefully she gives up cause I am never home and won't be for a few more year except on vacation. :mad2: Money hungry bitch.
But anyways glad to here you are ok crawler. :cool:
8-9" susp, 3" body lift, 39.5x16 TRXUS STS, 342 stroker, C6, NP205, D44HD mini spool-coil sprung, D60 limited slip, 4.88s
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

I was under the impression that once you have settled with the insurence that you were done. I would deffinatly let your insurence know because I think there is a law that says if you do not respond to a law suit that they automaticly win. not sure but I remember something about that in a business law classs from high school.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com