203/205 doubler adaptor $reduced

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Bob Myers

Post by Bob Myers »

DBrown wrote:if someone wants to send me one I'll send you a CAD drawing for free :finger:

if some one has it already in SOLIDWORKS I think you can transfer that straight to a CNC. that would save alot of machine time instead of using a knee mill and lathe.
If it were that simple, yes it would save time. The actual code generation from a solidW drawing must be step one, then applied to the proper post-processor for what ever particular controller, then spindle on time.
With almost any .dwg or .dxf file drawing I can generate my code, or write it manually looking at the sketch of this on a napkin. But, first I must have numbers and a drwaing/sketch of somesort.
Looking at those pictures I presume these are made from aluminum?
88 BII,4.0, 9"& D44/4.88 locked. 1350/1354 doubles
92 XJ-wifes toy
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

we have a program here that you can do that....you can draw the part in 3D run a trial run and then transfer the data to code and run the part. all in a matter of about an hour you can go from concept to ready to cut. I can ask one of my professors if you want to know what program they use? we used it on a term project a few semesters ago making a clock face. it was very slick. I do enjoy using the knee mill and lathe better though, it's just more hands on.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
broncoo

Post by broncoo »

hope not alum. made from 1018 m/s

hey NO V8 the intermediate shafts in those cases would not survive at all

not to mention having that much low range is useless