1989 Automatic Transmission Shift Cable

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
flygonjim

1989 Automatic Transmission Shift Cable

Post by flygonjim »

Hey yall,

Having an issue with my shift linkage/cable. This is a 1989 Bronco II with an automatic transmission. The original shift cable, which goes from the base of the column shifter to the lever on the transmission, went bad recently. I pulled it out and noticed that the ends of the cable had a loose fit on both ends (at the trans lever and at the column's base). I bought new bushings but none of them fit in the cable ends. I bought two new cables (part numbers F2TZ-7E395-D and F3TZ-7E395-D) but neither fit at the column shifter end. They also wouldn't fit to the either of the brackets that hold the cable in place. The old cable seems to be a phantom part. There is only a partial part no. remaining on the thing and it says "32878F" or "328T8F". The T/7 is partially missing so I can't tell which it is. Does anybody have any clue what part number I need here? Haven't been able to find anything about this online. Appreciate any help/info.

Thanks
flygonjim

Re: 1989 Automatic Transmission Shift Cable

Post by flygonjim »

Found the correct part, figured I’d post here in case anyone has the same issue. F2TZ-7E395-D is correct. First time I ordered it they sent me the wrong part.