1989 Bronco II 4x4 control module plug

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
jefandamy

1989 Bronco II 4x4 control module plug

Post by jefandamy »

Hello all, just picked up a beautiful 1989 Bronco II. 40 K original miles. Downside is it's been barely drivin for the last 4 years so working the bugs out. I'm currently looking for the 8 pin plug that goes into the 4x4 electronic control module. Of course the 4x4 did not work and I've been reading the forums and testing everything out haven't found the answer yet but some of the tabs that hold the wires into the plug are broken I think it's mainly from me pulling it in and out several times and the plastic being slightly brittle. Not having a whole lotta luck finding it does anybody have any knowledge of the part number so maybe I can do a search that way.
Attachments
4x4 module plug
4x4 module plug
Dustin_Oregon

Re: 1989 Bronco II 4x4 control module plug

Post by Dustin_Oregon »

Man, that might be hard to find in terms of new or nos parts. Maybe a junkyard. I bet the 4x4 rangers of the same generation have the same plug.

Otherwise, it’s just wires connecting to wires, so you could get whatever male & female connectors that would work and wire it up, assuming you have enough extra wire length to cut and mount new connectors.

Just a thought. Good luck!