Need some help with lift kits!

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
caseygriff

Need some help with lift kits!

Post by caseygriff »

Hey y'all, not sure how active this forum is now adays.. Anyways I just picked up an 87' B2 and I'm looking to do a 4" suspension lift so that I can fit my BFG KO2 32"s. My bronc is RWD and the Rough Country 4" is showing up as only compatible with 4WD. Same with Rancho, does anyone have experience with this issue for the RWDs? I mean will the kit absolutely not work on my vehicle or is their website just being buggy? Duff is too expensive for the amount of $ that I want to put into this build. What are my options moving forward, I've tried to call RC but no one every picks up the phone.. Any help would be greatly appriciated :usa:
Attachments
IMG_1939.jpg
IMG_1940.jpg
NakedDucks

Re: Need some help with lift kits!

Post by NakedDucks »

A 4wd lift kit will not work on a 2wd. Fortunately for you, converting your 2wd to 4wd is a straight bolt on swap (you only have to swap one bracket before you can bolt on the 4wd TTB!!

So just convert it and then use the 4wd kit!!
caseygriff

Post by caseygriff »

@NakedDucks Hell yea! The one thing that made me slightly regret buying this bronc was that it's only RWD. So thanks for mentioning a swap because it gives me a whole new outlook on the potential she has. So, this is a painful novice question but what would the swap involve? I know the 2wd and 4wds have the same transfer case and that's about it. Do I need to scavenge through my local pick and pull for a new front axle and driveshaft? I found this guide which seems decently complicated since I am new to all of this. https://www.broncocorral.com/tech_libra ... -overview/
NakedDucks

Post by NakedDucks »

It’s not complicated!! That article is good, but it goes around the world in detail and confuses people.

Pm me a phone number, and I can give you a call and explain everything.