auto to a manual

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
OCD4B2

auto to a manual

Post by OCD4B2 »

Well, i guess that the A4LD tranny is just one of my weakest links :finger: ..... its blown and seized on me and im getting sick and tired of automatics getting in my way. So im gonna swap in a manual 5 speed tranny in place of it so that when i doooo get my motor in, i can put in the NP435 :cool: I was looking around, and found out, that a mitsubishi 5 speed is the same length as the A4LD. But im still curious about the housing and shaft that goes from the back of my old trans to my t-case :confused: . will it work? Is there n e other manual tranny's i can use with my stock setup and not have to change a lot of SHIT? help me out dooooods, i need ur input :D
230,000 miles and she still turns heads
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

if you are wanting to swap to a manual you will need the clutch peddle assembly, line.....basicly everrything when you do tha swap. the tranny should be a direct bolt in. but make sure you get the right tranny that you need, ford used 2 manuals and I think they are different lengths,....but not sure. get the shifter boot also you will need it.

from personal experiance if you hit a yard you will find in this area that it will cost you $500-$1000. what I am trying to get at is instead of dropping more money you might want to go ahead with the 302/np435 swap.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
fullsizebronc

Post by fullsizebronc »

GET A 400 M. ENGINE OUT OF A 79 FULLSIZE WITH A FOUR SPEED WIT A GRANY LOW. THEN GET THE ATLAS TWIN SHIFT. :D :D
OCD4B2

Post by OCD4B2 »

Now ur talking about a psycho project :finger: haha i wouldnt do that dood. I gotta get my B 2 back out and on the road again, she needs that motor and tranny to be put in soon. By the way, did any of the Ford NP435 tranny's come with a hydraulic clutch?
230,000 miles and she still turns heads
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

I think it was in the 80's that they got the hydrolic setup.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com