ROLL CAGE

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
fullsizebronc

ROLL CAGE

Post by fullsizebronc »

ALL OF YOU GUYS WITH YOUR BAD ASS BRONCO 2S HAVE YOUR TOP CHOPED OFF. I HAVNT SEEN ANY ON THIS SIT WITH A ROLL CAGE. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE. ROLL CAGES ARE AN ABSOLUTE NECESSITY IN THE SPORT OF 4 WHEELN :wtf:
b2binbad

Post by b2binbad »

Mine is fully "caged" mounts to frame in 8 places. :finger: As for necessity, I think it is a matter of how, when and where you are wheeling.
Attachments
Backyard3.JPG
Backyard3.JPG (17.05 KiB) Viewed 4559 times
Backyard2.JPG
Backyard2.JPG (23.1 KiB) Viewed 4559 times
Backyard.JPG
You're right, I DON'T understand that Jeep thing ;)
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Kind of the way the cookie crumbled for me. Current body isn't worth putting a cage in. No excuse, I should have a cage, but my resources are limited. So I have to plan ahead. In the meantime, I stay off of trails which might result in more than a slow flop. Cruising down the feeway is what scares me most.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

im a broke bastard and really have'nt had a chance to do alot of wheel'n (1 trip sense i got her running). im still in the building process and will be building a small exo-cage this summer money permitting. :finger:
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

I only run a 12 point cange on my rig.
Attachments
6.JPG
OCD4B2

Post by OCD4B2 »

yea i'd really like to see a good an inexpensive 6-point my self. and nice head lights rock crawler ;)
230,000 miles and she still turns heads
fullsizebronc

Post by fullsizebronc »

OK NO THATS JUST A FEW OF YOU. IVE SEEN SOME BAD ASS RIGS HERE WITH NO CAGES. I GUESS A CAGE IS ONLY NECESSARY IF YOU GOT SOME BALLS HANGIN LOW AND YOU REALLY LIKE TO HAMMER DOWN. :laugh: :laugh:
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

I really dont like the 6 points they take to long to put on so alot of the times people dont put them on. and then when they do its usely just the lap belt. I did put some lap belts in my rig to that i can put on when my rig is all sidways. as for head lights i dont have them yet but rock lights i do have so i know what im driveing over so stay out of my way or i will be seening you as im going over you!
TNMAN

Post by TNMAN »

You are absolutely correct! I have already made plans to have mine made/installed. Money has been the factor in not having a cage yet. With 2" tube hovering in the $3 per foot price range has not been helping matters either. I know where I can "play" and not risk a roll-over. Ohhhhhhh...but just wait till the cage is in....I'll show ya action pix! :cool:
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

mine doesn't have a cage because I don't have access to a bender yet........
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

i think i used about 150 feet of that crap! I know it came out to 300 bucks back in the day and i get a discount to! (know the metal guy really well)
TNMAN

Re: ROLL CAGE

Post by TNMAN »

fullsizebronc wrote:ALL OF YOU GUYS WITH YOUR BAD ASS BRONCO 2S HAVE YOUR TOP CHOPED OFF. I HAVNT SEEN ANY ON THIS SIT WITH A ROLL CAGE. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE. ROLL CAGES ARE AN ABSOLUTE NECESSITY IN THE SPORT OF 4 WHEELN :wtf:
Lets see a pic of yours. :D
b2binbad

Re: ROLL CAGE

Post by b2binbad »

TNMAN wrote:
fullsizebronc wrote:ALL OF YOU GUYS WITH YOUR BAD ASS BRONCO 2S HAVE YOUR TOP CHOPED OFF. I HAVNT SEEN ANY ON THIS SIT WITH A ROLL CAGE. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE. ROLL CAGES ARE AN ABSOLUTE NECESSITY IN THE SPORT OF 4 WHEELN :wtf:
Lets see a pic of yours. :D
What he said.
You're right, I DON'T understand that Jeep thing ;)
TNMAN

Post by TNMAN »

Still waiting on that pic. :D
P.S. I really like it when someone refers to our rigs as "BAD ASS". :cool:
Last edited by TNMAN on Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Let's see it.