dummys for California emissions bronco 2's

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
1988bronco2

dummys for California emissions bronco 2's

Post by 1988bronco2 »

hey i have an 88 b2 that is cali. emissions and i have a few ?'s... can i pull the exhaust off and take out both of the cat's? and is there any dummys for the sensors??? if anyone knows help would be awesome!
tekatlarge

Re: dummys for California emissions bronco 2's

Post by tekatlarge »

WHY would you want to do that for?
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
dgl6y6

Post by dgl6y6 »

idk if they did it different in cali but i have the same truck and the only oxy sensor is in the y pipe that comes from the headers right under the passengers seat. i hope you wernt planning on just having the exhaust dump out there. i started mine for a sec with the exhaust off just to see what it sounded like and it was RIDICULOUSY LOUD!!! i punched out the core of my cat and put on a glasspack (bad idea sounds like crap above 3000 rpm). since the oxy sensor is in front of the cat there are no problems. didnt help gas mileage and punching out the cat made a worse sound than the glasspack. i do enjoy the gas smell though, it smells like victory hahaha
drofman

Post by drofman »

I for one run cats cause it dosen't hurt performance and why would you want to not run them. I'm not a treehugger by any means but if everyone cut them off our air would be like Mexico City's.
dgl6y6

Post by dgl6y6 »

drofman wrote:I for one run cats cause it dosen't hurt performance and why would you want to not run them. I'm not a treehugger by any means but if everyone cut them off our air would be like Mexico City's.
aggreed. i wish i hadnt punched them out. it was right after missouri changed the law so pre 96 vehicles didnt need emmissions testing anymore. before i punched them out i remember looking at the test results for my sisters plymouth neon with i think a 1.3 litre. the b2 had half the emmisions haha Go Bronco II!!!!