302 ho

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Mudhog1977

302 ho

Post by Mudhog1977 »

i just got a 302 ho and was wonderin the difference between the ho and the non ho thinkin bout puttin it in my b2 and was thinkin bout goin carb on it instead of the efi ... what kind of carb do yall recommend heard somethin bout an edelbrock offroad carb anybody heard of it
Live to ride, ride to live, thats how I roll
Mud Addict

Re: 302 ho

Post by Mud Addict »

That the same engine that I am stuffing into my B2 Buggy. Am going carbed for the simplicity, using an HEI-type dist for 1 wire hook-up.

I knew a guy that had an 5.0 HO in a Maverick ,with a carb on it and it was a fast 'lil Maverick :eek:
Mudhog1977

Post by Mudhog1977 »

I hear their mean lil motors, I like the simolicity of a carb too wanna rip out the computer and go old school... The less it has is less that can go wrong I think
Live to ride, ride to live, thats how I roll
drofman

Post by drofman »

firing order is different cause of the cam
PetesPonies

Post by PetesPonies »

Cam and heads are the biggest difference. Non HO engines use the E6 heads which are lousy for performance. The HOs got E7s. This is from 87- up. 86 all engines had E6s and 82-85 had the same basic head as was around from the seventies, except 85s had clearance for removing the roller lifters. If you try to use a FI HO engine with a carb, you need to have a steel distributor gear on the bottom of the distributor shaft of the steel camshaft will eat away the cast iron distributor gear.
Pete's Ponies
Mustang RUSToration & Performance