Vapor Lock

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
forcryinoutloud

Vapor Lock

Post by forcryinoutloud »

I have a 1986 B II with a 2.9 V6, it vapor locks when it gets up to normal operating temperature, but only on hot days between 85 and 90. I was told by a local fix it guy that I need to run regular gas no ethanol and to run a little diesel through it. I do that and It still vapor locks on me, if it doesnt stall it will backfire and once it does that its good forawhile down the road it always restarts after stalling but its a real pain...any suggestions?
drofman

Re: Vapor Lock

Post by drofman »

do a search for in tank fuel pump and see if that sounds like your problem. they say that an injected system won't vapor lock cause it has a return, but who is them but they.
littlebear

Re: Vapor Lock

Post by littlebear »

this is really going to sound crazy but a older cusin of mine about 15 years ago had a car that vapor locked all the time. He said he had been to 6 or 8 repair shops for days and nothing. He said a old man told him to put clothes pens on the fuel lines where they bend. when changing oil for him i was laughting my #$%%$#$ off and when he asked what was so funny i tol him he lost his clothes thats when he told me the story and it really worked for him I dont understand it but it didnt vapor lock after that ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????