how to lift my 85 B II

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
fordboy

how to lift my 85 B II

Post by fordboy »

this is just for trail use.I want to lift the front by homemade stuff.this is never gonna touch the street,Tell me what to do I know somebodies done this before.I got torch,welder,metal want at least 4 inches
no front axle no fun
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Get a dana44 straight axle. Get duff, wildhorses, or other coil spring lift. Get all the brakets and radius arms. Weld on the upper coil bucket and shock mount. Its that simple.

For the rear get a 8.8 or 9" axle and springs with more arch.

:D
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

move coil bucket's up drop the radius arm bracket's. move the rear sring's under the frame or do a shackle flip.
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
marinebroncoii

Post by marinebroncoii »

Here's a post I had on TRS for lifting the rear.
I needed to get alot of lift in the rear of my truck and didn't want to use any blocks. I found that older Chevy half ton spings have alot of arch for stock springs and have the same length from the front to the center as rangers and bronco II's are, so I used 2 different spring packs (one that had 3 leafs and one that had 4) interwoven. The rear of the spring was shorter but I was planning on replacing the bracket anyways. I used the the front bracket off of a Chevy leaf setup. If you look at our stock brackets you'll see that they hold the shackle clear up at the top of the frame, these chevy brackets hold them about 1.5 inches below the frame, lifting the truck about 4 inches. You just cut off the rivets holding your old bracket on and either weld or drill and bolt the Chevy ones on where you need them, depending on which springs you decide to use. Then I made my own shackles for it which adjust from 6 - 7.5 - 9 inches. I ended up using the 6 inch position and had over 10 inches of lift (WITHOUT ANY BLOCKS) and alot more articulation with the long shackles than stock. My total cost was $4 in metal for the shackles. Knowing the owner of a junk yard helps too though. You could use any combination of these things to get the desired lift and flex.
For the front I'd either do a solid axle swap like Phillippi said or if you are good with fabrication, build lift brackets for the pivot points and move the crossmember that the radius arms go to back and lengthen the radius arms. Get some 6 inch Jeep coils or early bronco coils or James Duff lift coils. If you are using tires taller than 33s you'll need to do a Dana 35 swap, or just do the Dana 44 or 60 solid swap. Good luck, if you have any more specific questions feel free to ask.
8-9" susp, 3" body lift, 39.5x16 TRXUS STS, 342 stroker, C6, NP205, D44HD mini spool-coil sprung, D60 limited slip, 4.88s
b2binbad

Post by b2binbad »

If your not ready for the SAS, use coil spring spacers up front. I used hockey pucks with a hole drilled in them. Got them at the stadium, they don't use em more than once.They were FREE. 2 will give you 1 to 1 1/2 inches.
Get a 2 or 3 inch body lift. $75-80. Or, if you can get enough pucks, all you gotta do is buy bolts. 2 of my buddies still use em.
The rear you and do shackles or lift blocks or a new spring pack. Unsure of how much for any of that. 1 to 8 inches there.
Welcome to the board by the way. Good luck.
You're right, I DON'T understand that Jeep thing ;)
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

are you wanting to go SA or stay TTB?
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com