No fuel to engine

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Ranger Dave

Re: No fuel to engine

Post by Ranger Dave »

big pair of channel locks
Milton deal

Post by Milton deal »

alright so i replaced the filter on the frame and found that the check valve was clogged so i unclogged it and put it back on then tried 2 start it......i can here both pumps running and theres gas in the tank but still no fuel presure and no fuel getting any were near the engine WTF im bashing my head against the wall trying to figure this out ive tried evry thing i can think of and i feel like im wasting my time and money.......any 1 hav any ideas
Ranger Dave

Post by Ranger Dave »

take the line off the canister(in the frame rail) comming from the tank, turn the key on,gas should come out of that line, only for a second or two till the relay shuts off the pump. ya got no gas commin out,it aint gonna start
Mudhog1977

Post by Mudhog1977 »

Buy a chilton's or a haynes manual,it'll tell u almost anything u need to know, not a fuel filter on the fuel rail its a fuel pressure regulator, I agree with ranger dave pull the fuel line off the fuel filter turn on the key and see if any gas comes out, I think it might be your high pressure pump just cause its running doesnt mean its,pumping , kinda like a water pump itll turn all day but never pump anything
Live to ride, ride to live, thats how I roll
Milton deal

Post by Milton deal »

well i took of the line this morning and some gas came out so the rear pump is doing its job and i no the hp pump works b cuz when i first got the bronco i used it 2 pump gas out of a gas can....i thought it might b the inertai switch so i jumpered it and now i can here both pumps goin evry time i turn the key were as b 4 i could only hear the rear pump evry once in a while