clutch issues

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
fbII-808

clutch issues

Post by fbII-808 »

got a 1989 bronco II for my son, replaced the clutch,presure plate, slave cylinder (located inside bell housing) & bearing,hydralic line, all O.M.E. parts.my problem is after removing all possible air from line, and just bleeding the heck out of it, seems like it's not fully engaging, anything I'VE missed ?
dgl6y6

Re: clutch issues

Post by dgl6y6 »

i assume you mean it is not fully disengaging, or releasing making it hard to get in and out of gear. i had a similar problem after changing the master cylinder. unhook the piston rod from the pedal and unbolt the master cylinder from the firewall and hold it upside down and rebleed. i had an air bubble trapped at the top of the piston. the pedal hits the floor before the piston bottoms out so the air bubble never came out.

if that doesn't work you can try what i did before i figured out to bleed it upside down.
i cut the piston rod in half, tapped threads on both ends and threaded them into a coupling nut and put set screws to hold them in place. i just unthreaded them a little at a time until the rod was the right length haha.