Adjustable alignment bushings question?

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
wcampbell4

Adjustable alignment bushings question?

Post by wcampbell4 »

I bought some adjustable alignment bushings from oreilly's the other day and had a friend install them for me because he runs a body shop and said he would do it for free. The problem is that when he brought it back the tires were still way out of whack. My question is, now that the bushings are in can I adjust them with them installed or do I have to take them back out to adjust them and then re-install them?
This is the first alignment I have ever tried to do so I'm sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm not really worried about it being perfect because it is just for cruising old river bottom roads so I don't want to spend the money to to have a shop do it.
The details about my truck in case it matters: It's an 88BII with about 2-3" of lift via explorer springs and 1" spacers up front and drop shackles in the rear.
These are the bushings I bought. http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detai ... &ppt=C0322
Thanks for the help in advance!!!!
Ranger Dave

Re: Adjustable alignment bushings question?

Post by Ranger Dave »

1st mistake was taking it to a body shop. and yes they can be adjusted
Welding fool

Post by Welding fool »

Also you'll want to check you're toe-in to much toe-in and the wheels look like this( / \ ) after rolling foward and if they're toed out they'll look like this ( \ / ) after rolling foward.
wcampbell4

Post by wcampbell4 »

Ya having him install them was my first mistake but he's a friend and I thought he would do it right...
Thanks for the info