the new b2 project

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
jeepsubmarine

the new b2 project

Post by jeepsubmarine »

well im starting a new b2, i picked up the new b2 for $250(the frame and body& suspension and axles). i also bought a 302, c-6 and 205tcase for $500 in working order with all linkages and what not. however here in az axles are worth there weight in gold, the best i could do on a 9 inch is $250, and a 44 front end w/new disc brakes 4.56 gears lockright locker, 31 spline shafts $750 i guess that isnt bad considering its all new. anyways just need to pick up some steel for the bender, got a good design in my head for a cage. i will be taking pics the whole way thru and posting things that might help others out on swaps. im starting this weekend so monday night i'll post some chit. :usa:
Last edited by jeepsubmarine on Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the Zone

Post by In the Zone »

cool sounds like a nice solid platform......

good prices...

must be nice........
hard to find that stuff up here
97f150 LockedD60/D44 38"TSL's
BII 86 locked 8.8 full width D44 2.9 1354 5spd
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Look forward to seeing some progress. :cool:
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Thats a pretty good start. Hopefully yours wont take as long as mine. :hmmm:
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

right -on!!! i think you made the right choise (solid axle swap and all) keep us posted. just one? do you think the little b2 will be able to tow the big b2 :finger: ?
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
MXjunk127

Post by MXjunk127 »

yea, awesome!
Skin and Bones Motorsports.com
88' 4x4 6" SL, 33" TSL Radials
jeepsubmarine

Post by jeepsubmarine »

well what a weekend. i've got the new b2 just about stripped down to were i want it and will hopefuly be swapping axles and doing the suspension next weekend. the donor i got actually was driveable so the drivetrain had to come out of course. another thing is the guy i got my new motor from didnt even know what it was, turns out its a 351 not a 302, the tranny however was a c6 and the tcase is actually a np208. i'm happy that the tcase is a 208 though. At the same time im wondering what kind of clearance problems i might have with the 351. Oh well its going in come hell or highwater. So after all that plus the white russians im pretty wiped out. anyways i'll start posting some pics as soon as i get into the axles and suspension.
jeepsubmarine

Post by jeepsubmarine »

by the way im cosidering changing the front suspension over to leaf. i dont have a real problem with coils but i like leafs more. please tell me what you guys think. :hmmm:
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

personaly I would go coils, but leafs are ok. the good thing about leafs is you can break the packs apart and change them. but the coils will give you a better approach angle. I didn't think it was that hard to move my 9" forward so it shouldn't be that bad to set up.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
jeepsubmarine

Post by jeepsubmarine »

well the axles are at the shop for 5.13's, new knuckles etc.
also got 2 38 inch tsl's today for 50 bucks, there in great shape just need 2more now. i hope i can keep finding cheap parts :eek:
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

i hope i can keep finding cheap parts
if you just hang out and wait for deals you will keep finding them. I got my 79 for $200 (it ran), 35x12.50's for free, free 302 to NP435 bell housing, 2 free 9"'s, and it just goes on and on.......you just have to be a pack rat and take everything you think you might need. I try to keep and extra $100 in my pocket just in case. I think I am probably going to go with the 5.13's also. I don't plan on driving mine on the street much so it will be better off road.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com