Bronco lacking in power and serious stutter

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
greenmachine89

Bronco lacking in power and serious stutter

Post by greenmachine89 »

First I'll start at the beginning. Bought this 90 B2 and it came with loud rockers and a serious stutter or shake when idling. If you were to apply gas it would stumble at first but seem to rev up just fine. While driving it wants to fall on it's face and seems to have little to no power at all.

I changed the spark plugs, wires, cap rotor, fuel filter and air filter. Saw no signs of anything being bad. Ran rough still. Checked compression and all cylinders were equal. Adjusted valves and the tick from the rockers is gone but the stutter is still there. Checked the fuel pressure reg and found no fuel in the vac line haven't gotten to the pressure check yet. It seems like it is running on only 4 cylinders. Any input here would be great!
1989 Bronco II 8.8 rear Dana 30 Jeep front---RIP
1991 Exploder 6 inch lift 33's---RIP
1989 Bronco II Stock with 32 BFG KM1's
Ranger Dave

Re: Bronco lacking in power and serious stutter

Post by Ranger Dave »

squirt some gas in the intake see if it goes away. could be plugged injectors
greenmachine89

Re: Bronco lacking in power and serious stutter

Post by greenmachine89 »

Ok I feel like and idiot! My old man had unplugged the 1st and 4th cylinder wires and thats what was wrong! Thats why it pays to double check other peoples work!
1989 Bronco II 8.8 rear Dana 30 Jeep front---RIP
1991 Exploder 6 inch lift 33's---RIP
1989 Bronco II Stock with 32 BFG KM1's