Two electrical questions

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
happilymarried

Two electrical questions

Post by happilymarried »

Okay, so the first is simple and dumb to ask, but where exactly on the fuse panel should I hook up the positive wire for the backlight on the new oil pressure gauge I just installed? The gauge works great, and thanks to this forum for saving me time, money and headaches by recommending the mechanical oil pressure gauge before replacing the oil pump...you guys are lifesavers.

The second question is also embarrassing, but I broke the knock sensor when trying to take it out mistaking it for the oil pressure sending unit (I know, I know :rolleyes: ). Anyway, at the auto parts store the part for an 84 BII was unavailable but they could order one for the 85 - would there be any difference in the part since it's the same 2.8 engine? More importantly, if the truck is running the same without it right now and the wiring under the hood is already a bit shotty, should I really worry about replacing it at all?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks!
drofman

Re: Two electrical questions

Post by drofman »

i would hook the oil pressure light up to the radio light wire LB/R (light blue with red tracer) as most people have put in a non-stock radio and this wire is not used. it's in the radio wire connector and would work only when the lights are on. i would replace the knock sensor.
happilymarried

Re: Two electrical questions

Post by happilymarried »

Thanks drofman...I'll give that a try the next time I work on it. Shouldn't be a problem since there's a big hole in the dash where the radio once was :D