need 84 b 2 help

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
jusme73

need 84 b 2 help

Post by jusme73 »

i have a 84 bronco 2 and the other day i was driving along and it spurted and died i am getting fuel and spark it will start but will only idle at bout 5-600 rpm i can slowley give it gas but it will sputter and cough gas back threw the carb. it has the 2.8 and auto. changed plug wires and coil any suggestions would be helpful by the way the truk had set for a couple months but i have drove it for bout 2 weeks i also check the filters and its getting plenty of gas thanx
drofman

Re: need 84 b 2 help

Post by drofman »

read koltons post, "2.9l problem. I need some help" may not be the problem but something to think abou5t
jusme73

Post by jusme73 »

thanx 4 the help i checked the dist cap and rotor butten bolt had come loose in butten and chewed it up causing it not 2 fire rite thanx 4 the help :wtf:
RakerBill60

Post by RakerBill60 »

One problem I have found out too is if the distributor cap gets wet inside, it will cause the same problems. Also carbon tracking can give similar symptons, but usually that will make it backfire really badly because it's firing on more than one cylinder at a time.