88 Bronco 2 automatic

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Steenkamp2125

88 Bronco 2 automatic

Post by Steenkamp2125 »

Hey guys im new here! Need some advice on my tranny, When its cold and it hasnt been driven for a day or so the tranny will slip. I would have to sit there and feather the gas waiting for it to grab. After its at operating temperature its fine. Fluid is good. Do you guys think that it is the tranny filter? I am going to try to flush the tranny and replace the filter. Or, could it be the clutch packs? Any advice would be greatly appreciated..
aarnwts

Re: 88 Bronco 2 automatic

Post by aarnwts »

change the fluid filter screen and gasket.
Strokin76

Post by Strokin76 »

sounds like a sticky valve in the tranny. if the color and smell of the fluid is ok your probably still ok. I would suggest trying some tranny conditioner additive. I have used with great success, the worst being a car that would not shift from first gear at all once driving. we drained the fluid and just added the conditioner and one quart of fluid. drove it till warm and it began shifting. topped off the fluid and ran it for 3yrs till i sold it.
Steenkamp2125

Post by Steenkamp2125 »

yea, i drained the fluid. new filter and some lucas oil additive. The tranny is smooth with no slipping or hard shifting. Its awesome! Really fast and cheap fix to my problem