axles replace

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
rockhound

axles replace

Post by rockhound »

i have a 88 b2 4wd 2.9 my front axle is dana28 i want to replace axle with something i can install limited slip in (front)
ive been told an explorer axle will fit is this true and what years will work?
i understand that i will have to match ratio thats a no brainer,and this is not a rock crawler i live in rural north east az
and when it snows or rains its rough getting out to the pavement.
thanks rockhound
joeyy

Re: axles replace

Post by joeyy »

I believe its 91-93 explorers that the axles, springs, etc will fit the Bii's correct me if I'm wrong here guys....
rockhound

Post by rockhound »

thanks for the info but are the early explorer, dana 35 ,and will i be able to install a limited slip in a dana 35
thanks rockhound
pigmy pony

Post by pigmy pony »

yes, they are Dana 35. There are some cross breeds you want to stay away from though. If the third member housing is smooth and doesn't have the ribs in it, then it's a cross breed. Yes you can buy a limited slip for the Explorer Dana 35.
Momentum and wheel spin
rockhound

Post by rockhound »

thanks pigmy appreciated ill start looking
rockhound
joeyy

Post by joeyy »

I know the easily replace the axels with 91-93 explorers but how much harder would a 94 explorer be? I came across a really cheap one that someone wants to junk and I plan on swapping the axels on my rig eventually.