Hydraulic Clutch Cable Release

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Dreded

Hydraulic Clutch Cable Release

Post by Dreded »

hey guys long time no talk... I need to know how to release the hydraulic cable from the clutch slave cylinder off an f-250 but its the same on all light duty trucks(Bii,Ranger etc)... I bought the tool that's supposed to do it and it doesn't seem to do a damn thing.. any ideas?

P.S. Just in case Nobody(Matt) happens to read this I want to say thanx for keeping this board/web address active as long as you have.
4x4'ers Eat More Bush!
Dreded

Re: Hydraulic Clutch Cable Release

Post by Dreded »

ok so after many many google searches I discovered the answer... there should be a nylon sleeve around the hydraulic cable end that needs to be pressed into the slave cylinder coupler... and once its pressed in you simply pull on the cable and it releases...

Typically when I pull these cables I manage to mangle the nylon sleeve(wont anymore now I know why its there) luckily last one came off quite easily and after 30min of searching the shop floor I found it, DO NOT bother with the special tool I had it in my hand and ended up using a small flat blade screwdriver to press the sleeve in.
4x4'ers Eat More Bush!