Spy Photo

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
jeepsubmarine

Post by jeepsubmarine »

hey nobody, have you thought about turning that into a pumper bumper at all? ive known a few people that made them and they seem to work really well. my buddys wife knocked hers on a boulder pretty damn hard and it still held just fine. just thought i'd throw that out there :usa:
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

man, that really came out nice! I like the way you put the tow hooks in the center. they would come in handy if you ever start trailering it.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Trailer.....NEVER!

What the hell is a pumper bumper :confused:
b2dude

Post by b2dude »

lookin good. the wrap around ones are pretty cool too if you're worried about snaggin on stuff. here's mine...no good to me anymore tho since i dovedailed the b2
b2dude

Post by b2dude »

jeepsubmarine wrote:hey nobody, have you thought about turning that into a pumper bumper at all? ive known a few people that made them and they seem to work really well. my buddys wife knocked hers on a boulder pretty damn hard and it still held just fine. just thought i'd throw that out there :usa:
onboard air tank?
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I already have an air tank under the bed.

I'm probably going to do the wrap around. We have a lot of tight trails, and I think it will help...... The body mounted tire rack was good body protection.
b2binbad

Post by b2binbad »

I think a pumper bumper is used as an air tank. Kind of a neat idea. I've seen it done front and back with quick disconnects. Found this link that shows one http://www.sunperformance.com/airtank_bumper.htm
You're right, I DON'T understand that Jeep thing ;)
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

Looks great Nobody! I wish I had time...a welder....tubing...money...a BII that runs...more tools...did I mention a BII that runs...time... :frown:
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
jeepsubmarine

Post by jeepsubmarine »

you got it b2binbad. you can make em anyway you want though as far as design goes as long as it holds air. there cool though because you kill two birds with one stone.
OCD4B2

Post by OCD4B2 »

if i had 250 bucks, id probably just buy a welder :idea:
230,000 miles and she still turns heads
mekcanix

Post by mekcanix »

i don't know if it will help any but heres what i didImageImage
ImageImage
Its a Bronco II thing............EVEN WE DONT UNDERSTAND
85 bronc modded up a bit
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I've been researching tire carrier ideas all morning. I think I'm going to build one similar to this, using a trailer spindle and bearings for the hinge.

Yours loooks good :cool:

DBrown

Post by DBrown »

that one does look good but I wonder if it latches at the top or just the bottom?
I broke half the bolts holding my factory carrier on when I took it off. so I got to fab one up also.

Nobody

Post by Nobody »

That particular one uses a striker similar to a car door. So you can just swing it shut. Pretty slick. Not sure if I'll get that fancy.
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

even if you just used some pins to stablize it you would probably be ok. you have a metal tail gate so you will not have the problems that everyone else has with the fiberglass breaking.