lift without screwing up camber

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
hammer back

lift without screwing up camber

Post by hammer back »

i put a cheap 2'' lift on my bronco does anyone know what (if anything) i can do to get the camber right other than taking it to the shop they want a cuple c notes to fix it other than taking it off and going with a body lift any info is greatly appriceated
joeyy

Re: lift without screwing up camber

Post by joeyy »

Well my friend who has a 1990 Bronco II all he did was put a two inch block under the leaf springs and put new "U" bolts on. He didnt even touch the front end. You could also put teo inch rubber blocks on top of the existing body mount blocks. With big tires, it would look like a monster. I plan on doing that to my 1987 BroncoII. It shouldn't screw with the camber. My friend didn't have to change anything.
greenmachine89

Re: lift without screwing up camber

Post by greenmachine89 »

Well to answer your question, first lets start with the cams. The cam is a is a small piece the fits around the upper ball joint. Try taking a wire brush and giving it a scrub to see which cam you have in right now. Here's an example if you say have a 1 degree cam that the slot is facing directly out on the drivers side and it looks like your tire when placed on the ground is leaning pretty good, you can experiment by moving the cam's slot 180 degrees That would give you a total of 2 degrees of total camber change. Now keep in mind when you change the camber the caster is also affected unless of course the slot is directly to the left or right. If this makes any sense I hope it helps. But I would start with trying to see which cams you have in now and which direction the slot is located.
1989 Bronco II 8.8 rear Dana 30 Jeep front---RIP
1991 Exploder 6 inch lift 33's---RIP
1989 Bronco II Stock with 32 BFG KM1's