Accidental 75mph

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
neb_scot

Accidental 75mph

Post by neb_scot »

This might seem like a pointless post but I just got to say Im astounded at how resilient my B2 is. When I first got it, it could hardly hold 45mph. Now, with the electrics, thermostat and heater core replaced its is a daily **sweet** ride. As its gotten used to running at the proper temp again its really cleaned itself out. Its even stopped leaking/burning oil!

as for the 75mph incident - remembering that its a 24 yr old car with the original engine - and freaked when I saw I was doing that speed. Heck the speedo only goes up to 85! Im making an effort not to push it that hard again - I'd just gotten used to it comfortably holding 65 (as a top speed) so I didn't think there was the possibility for it to go faster!

Man it rocks!
1984 Ford Bronco II
2.8 v6 Engine
Manual Shift 5 speed
4 inch suspension lift
Dreded

Re: Accidental 75mph

Post by Dreded »

When I was dumb and younger :p I commonly had the speedo pegged at the stop pin... I figured i was doing 15-20mph over the max written number
4x4'ers Eat More Bush!
billybodank

Post by billybodank »

I have a simliar story ha.

I was cruising down the freeway in my 1976 Ford f-100 orginal in-line six
I looked down realized I was going 80mph. I got a little excited, and right then it felt like the
whole engine just dropped right out. Turns out I threw a rod, creating a 4in circle hole in my block.

I guess to much of a good thing can be a bad thing.

:beer:
Last edited by billybodank on Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clem

Post by clem »

in my 1976 Ford f-100 orginal in-line six 302.
:wtf:
'87 bII d44,9",np435/205and a 302 ( on hold)
'73 vw bug
'70 vw camper van
'98 jeep tj
2010 ranger
'56 international s110
Bronco_D

Post by Bronco_D »

I do love the resilience of the Bronco 2.

For instance, I've been in 2 snowbanks and 1 car crash and the thing (although the front is a little smashed up) still runs!!
Bronco 2....What more needs to be said?
joeyy

Post by joeyy »

I had my going probably 110, whatever the speed is at the pin for the trip odemeter. I didn't want to push it any harder than that. I didn't want to mess up my speedo. 87' 2.9 automatic I don't like running her fast though, She has temp problems I think its cause I had to replace the radiator fan and I couldn't find the right fan for it so it doesn't cool right. Tranny is fine but I want to put a 5 speed in it soon.