new engine question

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
PKAdetroitWLZ

new engine question

Post by PKAdetroitWLZ »

two parts:

how can I find out if an engine would fit in my B2?

and will this fit? my dad, half joking said I could take the engine from his 93 Ford Econoline Van (Im sure its a 4.9L V6 EFI) if he doesn't get a good trade in for it. the engine was replaced within the last 10,000 miles but everything else on the van went to hell and now they just want a SUV of some sort.
either way if I went this route, what would I need to know and/or change if I want to use this engine.
btw, do you think van engine would be an improvement over the stock 2.9L?
89 eddie bauer 4x4
dead
wilber

Post by wilber »

the 4.9 is a straight 6, its not that feasable to do, talk to wanderer on rrorc, he just put one in a 80s ranger
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

your direct bolt in options are 2.8L,2.9L,3.0L,and 4.0L.

as for what will fit........how much money do want to spend?
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
marinebroncoii

Post by marinebroncoii »

The 4.9 is the same as a 300 straight 6, the same guy wilber mentioned posted pictures and some tech info on TheRnangerStation too, you might be able to find it easier there. The 4.9 is an awesome engine, it has more torque than any stock V8 and they last forever usually. I've had 2 trucks with them and loved them both.
8-9" susp, 3" body lift, 39.5x16 TRXUS STS, 342 stroker, C6, NP205, D44HD mini spool-coil sprung, D60 limited slip, 4.88s