Bronco II upgrade?

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
101btp

Bronco II upgrade?

Post by 101btp »

:tongue: I wanted to do two things to my Bronco II 1987, Put a turbo in (and yes I will instal a chip for it) and rebuild the cylinder heads for it. I have an other Bronco II 1988 that I use for parts, the cylinder heads look good but I am gonna try putting in a turbo for more hp + I might be able to get it for cheap. The engine spec is Manual 4WD, 2.9L, 6cyl, EFI,and Automatic trans. SO... I want to know what tension and size spring to get allong with rocker arms push rods and all other parts to upgrade my cylinder heads with allong with a nice polish and machining. Then comes the turbo what should I tear it off of, and all what parts will I need I know the turbo will be belt driven, the tube to run it what else for it? Inter cooler? Well let me know what ya think!
101btp

Re: Bronco II upgrade?

Post by 101btp »

I found an electronic turbo on e bay any thoughts on? I think if you get an rpm sensor it would be helpful?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... OTORS:1123