intermintant fault at 2500 revs

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
neb_scot

intermintant fault at 2500 revs

Post by neb_scot »

Since replacing the thermostat in the car, Ive been running with heat in the engine. As a result its been clearing itself out in there, from all the crap its built up while operating at low temps.

In the last few days Ive noticed a growing issue. As I accelerate or maintain speed the engine ticks over fine, but when I get close to or hit the 2500 revs mark it starts to not fire (nevermind mis-fire) and in the course of one second the rev counter will bottom out and then pick up again. Its almost like there is an electrical problem. However, if I continue accelerating, as soon as I hit 3000 rev, the problem has gone.

So it only presents itself in that small window of time, and and Im really confuwsed as to why. Any ideas?
1984 Ford Bronco II
2.8 v6 Engine
Manual Shift 5 speed
4 inch suspension lift
tekatlarge

Re: intermintant fault at 2500 revs

Post by tekatlarge »

Just a wild shot in the dark but I would look at the throttle position sensor. It may have developed a bad spot that could be right at the RPM you mentioned. If ya know how to use an ohmmeter I would look real hard at the sensor going open at that point.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast