R&R'd Clutch Manual 5 sp Tran- Now no reverse and Hard Clunk

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
quantumworlds

R&R'd Clutch Manual 5 sp Tran- Now no reverse and Hard Clunk

Post by quantumworlds »

Help Please,
I'm a fair mechanic and not sure If I screwed up here so any help/advice well appreciated. I had to replace my clutch so a freind had a rack at his allignment shop. Both of us have done clutches before. We replaced the clutch, pressure plate and slave cly..Reverse worked for the 1st 6 or 7 times but the I lost reverse totally. Next upon driving it in 1st - 3rd there would be a hard clunk on take off and once driving and let off the gas a noisy rattlery hum from the shift lever until the gas was reapplied. Three issues and the clutch was the only thing replaced. The trany ran fine before this so its my issue on wrenching I believe or there is a polterguize living in the Bronco. It is a Misubishi 5 speed on a 1989 Bronco 2.
Ruffinit

Re: R&R'd Clutch Manual 5 sp Tran- Now no reverse and Hard Clunk

Post by Ruffinit »

Hate to state the obvious, but you're going to have to pull the tranny again to see if there's anything wrong with the clutch, but it sounds as though your tranny has taken leave...