U-JOINT

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
WAREAGLE

U-JOINT

Post by WAREAGLE »

have any of you had trouble with your u joints going out in the ass end this will be my 2nd time i got to this one before it busted my yoke like last time if any of you have any tips on preventing this cus i have no clue and i did grease it when i put it in :wtf:
SGT. KYLE
Phillippi

Re: U-JOINT

Post by Phillippi »

Well the ujoints go out when they have a big angles and or bigger tires on it. When I put a lift on mine and 30-33's, I was changing out u-joints every year or more if I was wheeling hard. Good thing is that the u-joints are cheap and after you get good and/or get a u-joint press in your rig, its pretty fast.
orcus420

Post by orcus420 »

Not saying you are, but don't buy the $12 joints and Advance Auto. I find Spicer brand to be the best bang for the buck.
87 BII
5.0 HO
NP435 4-Speed
NP205 Transfer Case
Dana44 w/ ARB
9" Ford w/ Detroit Locker
35" Pro-Comp MT's
Ranger Dave

Post by Ranger Dave »

which joint?? axle or t-case end
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

As mentioned, don't buy the cheap ones.

Typically when you start killing u-joints it's because of too much angle or axle wrap. Take care of the source of the problem and you will never change a u-joint again.