FIRE!!

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Rockcrawler

FIRE!!

Post by Rockcrawler »

Well boys and girls i learned a great lesson today! I was just tourching off my old rocker pannels on the bronco II frame, real quick so i dont have the fire extengusher close by or anything smart like that. (I had been tourching on the other side of my shop earlier so the extenguisher was over there) When i got done with the one side i noticed a little flame inside the frame rail! I thought nothing much of it i have had this happen before were there was some old grease built up in there, so i blew on it. Then i realized it was a fuel line that was buring!!! FUCK!!! So i run over to the garden hose, and by the time i turn around Its bursted into a huge fire thats up to the roof of the overhang. I start spraying it down with little effect. Luckly some kids and there mom where out playing and they called 911 for me. I called my roommate to come out and help (he is also on the fire dept and my brother is). a guy driving by helped too with a hose from next door. I had three hoses on it and it finaly started to calm down. There was fire on the ground and fire running up towards the gas tank and towards the engine!! When the fire dept got there (and they got there quickly) the fire had been brought down to a pretty small size. Thanks god for small favors that nothing important burnt up and everyone was ok. I got a small burn on my hand, and a brusied ego. (my dad cought his house on fire a couple years ago and we all gave him a hard time about it guess its my turn now). I was going to redue the wires going back there anyways and now new fuel lines. So the moral of the story is always and i mean always have a fire extenguisher handy!
Attachments
downsized_1211081658a.jpg
MrD

Re: FIRE!!

Post by MrD »

glad you and no one were hurt.
EBSTEVE

Post by EBSTEVE »

It's only funny because all ended well. I have one mounted to the roll cage and I should get a few for laying around I would hate to watch all the contents of my shop go up in flames.
Ranger 5.o, needing another project like Rosie O'Donnell needs another M&M.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Dude are you very lucky! Im glad not much needs to be re-done. I hope your hand heals quickly. :eek: