Bronco II Computer codes

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
greenmachine89

Bronco II Computer codes

Post by greenmachine89 »

I just scanned my computer and came up with codes 69 and 41, one says neutral switch failer or not found, the other says that the NOS2 not present. What are ways to go about fixing this! Snow is almost here and she's not running so well.
1989 Bronco II 8.8 rear Dana 30 Jeep front---RIP
1991 Exploder 6 inch lift 33's---RIP
1989 Bronco II Stock with 32 BFG KM1's
Ruffinit

Re: Bronco II Computer codes

Post by Ruffinit »

Sounds to me like your neutral switch in the tranny or the shifter is giving you problems, could be the switch or wire to it, connection etc.. shouldn't make any real difference. You don't say what type of tranny you have.

The other code sounds like it could be an O2 sensor or wire. If the things not running too well the O2 sensor would be my first priority.
greenmachine89

Post by greenmachine89 »

I have the mitsubishi tranny 5 speed, i just put in a new o2 sensor so maybe my wiring is messed up!
1989 Bronco II 8.8 rear Dana 30 Jeep front---RIP
1991 Exploder 6 inch lift 33's---RIP
1989 Bronco II Stock with 32 BFG KM1's
Ruffinit

Post by Ruffinit »

Not sure on the Neutral fail, it shouldn't be causing any problems, but I'm not sure why your computer would be giving a code for that, it may be referring to something completely different than the shifter. As for the O2 not found, that wire that connects the O2 sensor could get melted if the cable isn't routed properly. Check the wires all the way up.. Can't tell you anything more on it.. Maybe someone else will chime in here.