5.0 Install

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
onewontwo

Re: 5.0 Install

Post by onewontwo »

It's all together.... Still didn't drive it. I have coolant in the oil and I'm not sure I it's from when I changed to water pump or if I have a bad head gasket. The intake gaskets are new. If the I find out the block is cracked I'll run it unroll she goes. If not I'm going to fix I right. Basically what I'm asking is there a way to tell if the coolant is from changing the water pump.
swan8706

Post by swan8706 »

if you try to intrechange them the cam will chew up the dist. drive gear and put metal shavings in the oil pan.
onewontwo

Post by onewontwo »

I'm in the process of tracking down why I have coolant in the oil. Just pulled the cylinder head, is it normal to have coolant in the bottom hole of the block where the bolts go for the head? If it is I didn't put sealant on these bolts. Was that a mistake on my part?

I have a brand new gasket set, arp head and intake studs for ease of installation. Yeah maybe a waste of money but I like to go overboard on things. You'll see that in a few weeks once this is running and it is sitting on dana 60's, 42's, full cage, 4 links f/r, and hydro steering. Trust me, it won't take as long as my 5.0 swap.

Also, I have flat tappets but have the girdle for rollers, no valve reliefs in the pistons, and a standard rotation water pump. E7TE = 87 truck engine. Not true. I know where this engine came from. It took ALOT of digging but I got to the bottom of it. Care to know more or take any guesses of where it came from, feel free to ask. Pics upon request.
WLyouth05

Post by WLyouth05 »

onewontwo wrote:I'd also like to keep my stock power steering, alternator, and a/c. What vehicle should I look to take the brackets from? Does anyone know if I can switch the v-belt pulleys for serpintine ones? If not I'll have to get a system from the yard and wire it in unless there is a vehicle that would be plug and play. Hopefully I can get some help.
what vehicle did you get the brackets off of? i wanna use my stock P.S pump and alternator as well. putting a 289 in my 84 b2.
WLyouth05

Post by WLyouth05 »

WLyouth05 wrote:
onewontwo wrote:I'd also like to keep my stock power steering, alternator, and a/c. What vehicle should I look to take the brackets from? Does anyone know if I can switch the v-belt pulleys for serpintine ones? If not I'll have to get a system from the yard and wire it in unless there is a vehicle that would be plug and play. Hopefully I can get some help.
what vehicle did you get the brackets off of? i wanna use my stock P.S pump and alternator as well. putting a 289 in my 84 b2.
also need to know whatyou did about your driveshaft. what is a good donor vehicle