Trans cross member bushing ?

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
KRE

Trans cross member bushing ?

Post by KRE »

Hello all,

New guy here.
Still have the 86 B-II we bought new. She's a 2.9, 5 speed, 4X4 that has been all over this country, an taught both kids, (re-taught wife as well) to drive. :smilie:

My question is, the transfer case cross member has outer rubber bushings between the member and frame mounting. Mine are toast, are these out there? If so where? If not has anyone tried to push them out an turn them 180* Also the drivers seat has given problems along the way and would like to find a new one or a upgrade to both seats. Anyone?

Had the normal problems alone the way (285K) re-did her complete about 7 years ago, (the new truck sleeps outside) :smilie:

Thanks,
KRE
EBSTEVE

Re: Trans cross member bushing ?

Post by EBSTEVE »

I would avoid trying to spin them because in my experience they are a PITA to remove and you may damage them and they you SOL (bushings in general not specific BII ones). If you measure the bushings you should be able to fins some generic ones online if you cant get them specific for the broncoII.
As for seats there are tons of BII's and Rangers out there you should be able to pickup a used set cheap off of Craigslist and that would be the easiest. I have some APC race seats in by EB and I love them for the money if that helps.

PS I moved the post to the Bronco Tech
Ranger 5.o, needing another project like Rosie O'Donnell needs another M&M.