bronco will not come out of 4x4

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
trapper11

bronco will not come out of 4x4

Post by trapper11 »

i have a 1990 bronco 2 i just got it the other day and it ran fine till i tried out the 4x4 it has the push button 4x4 with auto lockouts i just put it in drove it up my drive way and now it will not go back into 2wd at fist i thought it was the lockouts but i took them off and found out it was the T-case it sounds like the motor is engaging and it will go from 4x4 to low just fine just not to 2wd any ideas thanks
vabronconut

Re: bronco will not come out of 4x4

Post by vabronconut »

trapper11 wrote:i have a 1990 bronco 2 i just got it the other day and it ran fine till i tried out the 4x4 it has the push button 4x4 with auto lockouts i just put it in drove it up my drive way and now it will not go back into 2wd at fist i thought it was the lockouts but i took them off and found out it was the T-case it sounds like the motor is engaging and it will go from 4x4 to low just fine just not to 2wd any ideas thanks

you did the back up 20 feet thing to unlock the 4wd? the shift motor may have a interlock that needs tripped by going in reverse.
87 bronco II 93 5.0 HO, NP435, 44 sas
trapper11

Post by trapper11 »

yes i even jacked it all the way up and took the lockouts off and put it in gear to make sure that that was not the problem it is defitly the T-case just will not come out of 4x4
boydbronco2

Post by boydbronco2 »

Ive got an 04 ranger that has the same push button 4x4 all I hav to do is push the 2wd button pop in the clutch for a second or 2 and its in 2wd again.