No 4low plz help

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Syko

No 4low plz help

Post by Syko »

Its an 87.. i have 4high but wont go into 4low.. the bronco was an automatic switched over to standard if that helps.. electronic shift. I have cleaned the brushes.. the light just keeps blinking as if i wasnt in neutral or park.. i think the electronics from the tranny arnt hooked up but i dont know where they are.. if anyone has any ideas plz tell me.. thank you
Syko

Re: No 4low plz help

Post by Syko »

Nothing??? nobody??
vabronconut

Post by vabronconut »

the fact that it was swapped from auto to manual shouldn't matter a whole lot except if the auto tranny harness has the t-case wires in it. did you change all the harnesses? if not locate the connector that used to go to the trans and match the wires to it to the wires in the wire manual, then simply splice in new wires. if it is hooked up then i would look at the shift motor.
87 bronco II 93 5.0 HO, NP435, 44 sas
Syko

Post by Syko »

I didnt do the swap the previous owner did.. i did find a 2 prong connector comming off the trans (on the passenger side. its red) and a wire with a 2 prong connector which looks like it should fit together but they dont. im going to see if i can trace it back to the TC and if it does go to the speed sensor that would be the one right?

Thanks a ton vabronconut
vabronconut

Post by vabronconut »

Syko wrote:I didnt do the swap the previous owner did.. i did find a 2 prong connector comming off the trans (on the passenger side. its red) and a wire with a 2 prong connector which looks like it should fit together but they dont. im going to see if i can trace it back to the TC and if it does go to the speed sensor that would be the one right?

Thanks a ton vabronconut
your welcome, but i don't know how much i helped. if the chassis harness is for a automatic and you swapped to a manual, the manual should have the following plugs- reverse light, vss (vehicle speed sensor) transfer case shift motor. the reverse light should be near the shift tower. the vss should be on the output yoke of the tc, and the shift motor should (and i do mean should since its been along time since i have looked) on the drivers side front of the tc. the chassis harness that carries the vss may carry the wires for the shift motor. if you like you could just find a used manual shift tc , more reliable anyhow. my shop is turned upside down right now so i can't get to the factory schematic manual sorry. best thing i can suggest is to physically trace the shift wires from the dash to the tc, they will probably run to the fuse block, so check there first there may be a fuse just for the shift motor.
87 bronco II 93 5.0 HO, NP435, 44 sas