89 bronco 2 2.9 4x4 few questions

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
justbowl88

89 bronco 2 2.9 4x4 few questions

Post by justbowl88 »

I have actually just recently purchased my b2 and i have a couple f questions...

1. About 2 weeks after getting the truck, the radiator cracked. Well no big deal so i replaced it and ever since then, my temp gauge will not move...i have no idea why this is.

2. My left tail light wont work. The right side works and both the brake light and the turn signal work on both sides.

3. Last...when on the express way, the truck shakes vigurously between 55 and 65 MPH, but not at all at any other speeds. Once again, i have no clue why this is.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
89 Bronco II 4x4 stock...for now
vabronconut

Re: 89 bronco 2 2.9 4x4 few questions

Post by vabronconut »

quote="justbowl88"]I have actually just recently purchased my b2 and i have a couple f questions...

1. About 2 weeks after getting the truck, the radiator cracked. Well no big deal so i replaced it and ever since then, my temp gauge will not move...i have no idea why this is.

2. My left tail light wont work. The right side works and both the brake light and the turn signal work on both sides.

3. Last...when on the express way, the truck shakes vigurously between 55 and 65 MPH, but not at all at any other speeds. Once again, i have no clue why this is.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.[/quote]

try a temp sensor for the gauge problem, also did you accidently move or knock off a wire on the engine?

did you try replacing the bulb, they are different bulbs for the different purposes.

for the shaking truck get the tires balanced

all three fixes for under $40
87 bronco II 93 5.0 HO, NP435, 44 sas
justbowl88

Post by justbowl88 »

1. There isn't any wiring around the radiator that i saw, but i will definately take a second look.

2. It cant be the bulb because both the brake light and the turn signal use that same bulb, but they both work.

3. I'll give the balance a shot, but would it only shake between 55 and 65 if that was the problem? I'm only aking because im not sure...

Thanks for the reply...
TJDukit82

Post by TJDukit82 »

1. It can be pretty easy to knock the wire off so that shouldn't be a problem.

2. Make sure you didn't put the bulb in backwards as it would opperate the bright filliment when it should be using the dim one.

3. I would say that it probably is an unbalanced tire if it only shakes at that speed. Same thing happend with my Jeep a few years back turns out I had a bunch of dry mud on the caked to the wheel throwing it off balance.
And on the 8th day God created beer.

'89 Bronco II
'03 GMC Sierra Z71
CarbedNotch

Post by CarbedNotch »

rim bent could b
justbowl88

Post by justbowl88 »

fixed the tail light...the wires coming off the splitter for the trailor light were corroded. Any new suggestions for the other two would be appreciated.
stevenf

Post by stevenf »

Edit: This was a post about the tail lights......
virginiakid

Post by virginiakid »

The thermo sensor is very accessible, in case you haven't located it. As you look in at the engine, the sensor will be accessible from the topside about one-half way between the top of the water pump and the front end of the RH valve cover. It's got a little pop on plug with a single wire. check the connection there. If that's okay, then you probably need a new sensor. Unless your other gauges are also not working. Then it could be a fuse. I've got an 89 and had to install an after market temp gauge. the gauge cost $18 and the sensor about $8-10, as I recall. Very easy to replace/install.
Dane

He who trims himself to suit everyone will soon whittle himself away.