need help with 84 b2 carb

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
xeducatex

need help with 84 b2 carb

Post by xeducatex »

so theres a 84 bronco2 on craigslist for sale and the guy is asking for 800. i know i can talk him down so thats not a problem. what is a problem is teh carb. apparently it needs a new carb or at least a rebuild. as far as i know thats all it needs. im gunna go check it out tomorrow hopefully. there was a bronco on my street for sale that matches the discription this guy is giving. so if it is that same one it kinda wierds me out cause to me that means theres something wrong with it that he doesnt wanna take care of.

anyway i was just wondering if anyone has an idea on how i should go about this. should i get a new carb or have it rebuilt? i only have around 2-3 after i buy the truck itself. and if a rebuild is what your suggesting does anyone know of a cheap place in orange county?
MrD

Re: need help with 84 b2 carb

Post by MrD »

I just responded on the member rides section.

One thing I did was look in the phonebook and started calling places. I went with a place called automotive rebuilders: rebuilders of all sorts of parts.

I then went to the better business website and plugged in that companies phone number for results.

Goodluck

Tell the guy you will already have to spend a couple hundred on the carb and then you will have to follow up with plugs and etc... That should help in price negotations.
vabronconut

Re: need help with 84 b2 carb

Post by vabronconut »

xeducatex wrote:so theres a 84 bronco2 on craigslist for sale and the guy is asking for 800. i know i can talk him down so thats not a problem. what is a problem is teh carb. apparently it needs a new carb or at least a rebuild. as far as i know thats all it needs. im gunna go check it out tomorrow hopefully. there was a bronco on my street for sale that matches the discription this guy is giving. so if it is that same one it kinda wierds me out cause to me that means theres something wrong with it that he doesnt wanna take care of.

anyway i was just wondering if anyone has an idea on how i should go about this. should i get a new carb or have it rebuilt? i only have around 2-3 after i buy the truck itself. and if a rebuild is what your suggesting does anyone know of a cheap place in orange county?
if you are mechanically inclined at all i would buy a rebuild kit and do it myself. tip for ya- only take apart what you have too !!! leave the linkage and adjustment knobs alone. most carbs go bad from a bad accelerator pump or diaphram, or the fuel bowl is varnished, or last is the float is bad. so only take apart what you have to, to get to this-- which is usually the front bulge housing
87 bronco II 93 5.0 HO, NP435, 44 sas