2.9 vapor locking

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
NMB2

2.9 vapor locking

Post by NMB2 »

ive tried everything i can think of.... Can the pressure regulator be effected by heat? I've run out of ideas on what I should do... somebody have any ideas?
i wish my lawn was emo...so it'd cut itself.
vabronconut

Re: 2.9 vapor locking

Post by vabronconut »

NMB2 wrote:ive tried everything i can think of.... Can the pressure regulator be effected by heat? I've run out of ideas on what I should do... somebody have any ideas?
i know its hotter than hell out there in nm but a efi doesn't vapor lock. if it cutting out then it is something else. i can't remember the details of your problem can you refresh us?
87 bronco II 93 5.0 HO, NP435, 44 sas
NMB2

Post by NMB2 »

maybe vapor lock isnt the proper term? it will get hot enough to make the fuel boil in the lines.

i just swapped my regulator out.. will keep posted.

if that doesnt fix it... I am completely out of ideas.
i wish my lawn was emo...so it'd cut itself.
vabronconut

Post by vabronconut »

NMB2 wrote:maybe vapor lock isnt the proper term? it will get hot enough to make the fuel boil in the lines.

i just swapped my regulator out.. will keep posted.

if that doesnt fix it... I am completely out of ideas.
that may be your problem right there then. a efi is a circulating system. the fuel runs up to the fuel rails then whats not used it routed back to the tank. this keeps the fuel at a consant cool temperature. if you have boiling fuel then there is a blockage in the system, which i have never heard of but you never know. are you sure your problem is in the fuel system itself? could it be in the power supply system to the pumps? relays have a tendency to cycle or make poor contact, and often overheating resulting in cut outs or low voltage supplied. also wiring incorrectly routed and getting hot will do the same thing
87 bronco II 93 5.0 HO, NP435, 44 sas