grand cherokee axles

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
ledfordwc

grand cherokee axles

Post by ledfordwc »

does anyone know if a front d30 out of a 94 grand cherokee would be a pretty close swap in in my 89 B2 the jeep is coil sprung front and rear i would like to run some 34x9.50's, would the d30 - d35 out of the jeep just be a waste of time or would it be worth doing just to get the front and rear to match, and all i am interested in doing is a little bit of trail riding nothing extreme
89 bronco II stock almost 300,000 miles 4th motor gotta love those 2.9s
83 S10 blazer 383 stroker (almost show truck)
TJDukit82

Re: grand cherokee axles

Post by TJDukit82 »

Well I'm not sure about the fit but as far as a waist of time the D35 is a complete waist of perfectly good steel and I would not even breath on one let alone put one in. The D30 is better than the D35 and it is pretty easy to make it strong enough to handle even 36's with new shafts and stonger knuckles I know a guy in New Mexico who runs a D30 with 36's in a cherokee, he has it pretty well built up with a lot of D44 parts and he abuses the hell out of that thing.
And on the 8th day God created beer.

'89 Bronco II
'03 GMC Sierra Z71
vabronconut

Re: grand cherokee axles

Post by vabronconut »

take a look at the differential. i have no idea what that vehicle has under it but make sure it has a drivers side pumpkin. if it does then sure you can get it to work, might have to come up with some custom parts but no big deal. light wheeling you should be fine with it. if you plan to get into wheeling more then i would go with a more stout axle. i know the cherokees have a great aftermarket so you probably could beef it up. if you do it post pics so others can learn
87 bronco II 93 5.0 HO, NP435, 44 sas